
Though I love handmade costumes, I generally don't attempt to take on a huge project (especially during Emerson's birthday season & midterms!) I prefer to keep it simple- put things together from everyday items and for my handmade pieces, my go-to materials are yarn & felt. This year, I based the costumes around hoods. I constructed them using hoodies that the kids already owned as patterns. I attached a feathered cape to Emerson's to create a wing effect. I went a little overboard girly with Eisley's, adding a tutu and peterpan collar to the onesie and tights that I dyed gray. Eisley's pompom bunny tail was attached with a hair clip so that she could wear the tutu for other occasions. All very easy and could definitely be replicated! They were both happy with the finished products and ready to act the part, hopping and flying their way from house to house.



Click here to check out our homemade costumes from last year!
No comments:
Post a Comment