Friday, November 25, 2011

Arizona State Homecoming Parade.

This year we attended our third homecoming parade. I'm really not very into typical college life or super over-the-top school pride, but since the event is extremely family-friendly, I make sure it's something we don't miss. We each wore our best ASU gear, even Eisley! After searching through piles of boyish gear at various stores, I was really excited to find her the cutest mini ASU shirt at Old Navy. We arrived just in time for the parade to begin. The marching band & Sparky are Emerson's favorites! When the kids begin to tire, we walk through the block party and make a stop at the English department's booth. Each year they give out children's books to student & alumni's children. This year Emerson got a book about a grandma (he was so excited- he loves his grandma) & a library tote. The English department is seriously composed of the nicest people. I was an English major for a brief time and between my courses, counseling sessions, and homecoming, I met a handful of awesome faculty. I kind of wish I had never changed my major! We usually get lunch at the student union, but this year Dad's company picnic was immediately following, so we passed.



















I've been taking all of my courses online, so it's really nice to have an opportunity to be back on campus. There are many days I miss rushing to my 7 a.m. classes with a big thermos of coffee, cruising from class to class on my bike, and laying a blanket out in front of Old Main during my lunch to catch up on some textbook reading. Nowadays I'm only on campus three or four times a year, as opposed to three or four times a week! I'm considering getting a second bachelor's and more than likely will pursue a master's eventually. Teaching is at the top of my career list too, so one way or another, I know I'll be back on campus. The college environment is truly one of my favorites! I think everyone needs to experience it for at least a few semesters of their college career.

Though we may move before the parade rolls around next year, we know we want to try to make a habit of coming back for it. We're all about keeping traditions. We have too many to name! Next year, Eisley will be one and a half and much more into the parade, Emerson will be an old pro, Brian will be alongside me as a student again, and I'll be in my last year of my Sociology degree! It's so strange to think about, but I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over how beautiful her eyes are! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a great day! And, as always, your kids are adorable! Eisley has such gorgeous eyes :)

    ReplyDelete