This year Aunt Katie tagged along. We had a blast watching the frisbee dog show, going on the train ride, feeding animals, checking out pumpkins, and running through the hay bale maze. Right now we're kind of at a middle stage between everything being fun & new and Emerson (& Eisley) being able to ride the rides & take full advantage of the big-kid fun they have to offer. Still, I know the kids had fun and it's definitely one of my favorite parts of Autumn.





















Emerson is such a little Autumn/Halloween kid. I guess with a birthday a week before Halloween, you're made to be. Even when he was a week old, he was dazed by the songs of Nightmare Before Christmas, which is one of his favorite movies to this day. He gets so excited when Autumn hits. He loves the ghosts, monsters, & especially loves the pumpkins. Honestly, I think he gets more excited about Autumn & Halloween than he does for Christmas! Maybe that'll change when he gets to experience a white Christmas & all its wonders someday.
Eisley was so well-behaved, as usual. I think she cried once out of hunger or being tired. It was also pretty awesome to start the holiday season off with Eisley nearing one. Emerson was tiny through his first holidays, so I don't really count them! While she doesn't get the concepts yet, of course, she seems like she's already having blast. She especially loved the petting zoo. She's such a little animal lover already! I can just see her being in the girl on the block that wants to take in all of the strays.
Next year I think we need to take home some of the homemade farm-fresh goodness & enjoy a bowl of chili!
No comments:
Post a Comment