Even though we may had been wishing we were in a snowy wonderland, chopping down a tree, we had quite a bit of fun at the little parking lot setup by our house. Emerson and I had a ball pretending we were in a real forest, weaving through through the trees, playing hide and seek. Eisley was very curious, but quite hesitant. She wasn't too fond of their prickly feel. Sweet thing. Emerson insisted on purchasing a very "his-sized" tree, but Brian and I couldn't pass up a larger one. I think it was our best tree yet- nice and fat and round, not a bare spot in sight. It was almost too big for our tiny family room, but we weren't really complaining. Emerson enjoyed decorating the bottom half of the tree. He wouldn't stop until every. single. ornament. was in place. Not even when dinner was calling his name. Dedication! Eisley had fun knocking the ornaments around and chasing after them. As for Brian and I, we enjoyed sitting back & relaxing, letting the kids do their own thing. It's so strange to have truly transitioned from being a kid to a parent at Christmas. Don't tell the kids, but I think being a parent might be even more fun.
















That picture of Emerson all excited between the trees is priceless. Your kids are toooo cute :)
ReplyDelete