
An outfit fit for Earth Day // Having a blast at an Earth Day event // Mini pigtails! // Record Store Day // Matching // My zany kiddo leading a family singalong // We've got that PMA // Dino guy! // Family yogi toes
Obsessing over: My fitness! I embrace where I am, what my body looks like, and encourage others to do the same. I'm not really interested in weight loss or getting "skinny." BUT I'm really excited to use the added time I'll have during summer to integrate workouts back into my lifestyle. I've been active/athletic for a great deal of my life. Since being pregnant with Eisley/having Eisley, I've fallen off the wagon. We've had sporadic work out sessions at home and I've been doing yoga consistently, but I'm ready for some cardio and strength building. We want to surf this summer and work into more advanced yoga positions. I'm looking forward to the benefits that being more in shape will bring.
Reading: Textbook page after textbook page. It's finals week!
Watching: Last night we vegged with a movie night. Midnight in Paris was Brian and I's pick. While the storyline wasn't all there and could had been more captivating, we couldn't help but love the setting of Paris, Paris in the 20's, and all of the amazing people that were portrayed. We're people who have "golden age thinking" at times.
Working on: I just finished my last big project/paper of the semester! I had the opportunity to take an art appreciation course that's geared toward future teachers. I've always toyed with the idea of teaching and thought it'd be a good way to catch a glimpse of what my personal experience with it might be like. The project I finished was a compilation of an art study I've added to throughout the semester for René Magritte's "The Menaced Assassin." We then integrated the study into a lesson plan for the age group of our choice- I chose college-aged students to follow suit with my little obsession with explicit art ;). To say that I enjoyed the project would be an understatement. I learned a lot and it reminded me that I always want to study art in one shape or form. If anyone's curious about the piece I studied, this is it. I also used Mark Ryden's "The Ox Suckling Romulus and Remus" (Meat Show > Second row, first piece) and Marion Peck's "Albert's Song" in my lesson plan.
Thinking about: How I feel like I'm finally settling into my own sense of style as an adult. Throughout my teen years, band tees, skinnies, and vans were my uniform. The last four years have been two pregnancies and a postpartum funk of trying to finding myself after experiencing changes in my body (and a realm of other things that have had me soul searching, but that's a whole different story.) It feels really good to have a part of my identity fall into place, for my young adulthood at least. It might seem pretty late, being a mother of two, or maybe it's right on time for being 21. I'm ready to rip through my wardrobe, give pieces away, then replenish it with new ones I feel confident in. Now I just need to battle my stubbornness that keeps me from buying new things.
Anticipating: Our upcoming trip to visit our old pal, Oceanside, and a trip that Brian and I are planning for our second wedding anniversary in June! It hasn't been long since our last trip, but my travel bug is back. I'm a drifter at heart, got a little bit of Kerouac in me, and I yearn for the coast literally. every. day.
Listening to: We've been on an Owen kick. Good Friends, Bad Habits has been on repeat the last few days. Mike Kinsella was in my and Brian's heads when he wrote this one. We have a real role clash between being young parents and being friends with normal (but not really, because they're better than normal,) single, childless young people and this communicates it.
Eating/drinking: The amazing "South Mountain Burrito" from our favorite local breakfast joint, The Nosh, and a big cup of coffee. Breakfast heaven!
You should consign your old clothes so you can make some money off of them. Then you won't feel guilty spending money on new ones :). Good luck on finals, woman!
ReplyDeleteGosh, I don't know if I'd get much out of them at all! I usually try and get next to nothing. Maybe I'm not going to the right places. I also buy cheap clothes ;)
DeleteI seriously think you are my musical soulmate hahaha maybe it's because we are same age/same city type thing but no one I know listens to Owen! Such a shame! Loving the new banner btw!
ReplyDeleteYou're not hanging out with the right people ;) Come hang out with me! Re: Banner - thanks!!
DeleteI'm a new follower and I love currentlys! I do them on my blog occasionally. You are the second blog today I've read (I think) about young mothers being uncomfortable with their style and shifting into new style that they feel comfortable with! This is interesting! I have style issues similar to this sometimes, too. Andddd there is nothing like a big cup of coffee.
ReplyDeleteAmanda Rose
http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com