family walk/breakfast date on a beautiful day // an old friend // springtime baby! // show outfit details // daddy-daughter bedtime routine // kiddo breakfast (I think I'm going to do this as an instagram weekly feature) // a new favorite song // a morning well spent // quiet time
Obsessing over: Our goals for the future, short-term and long. We've decided not to move until next Summer (where exactly... that's still a question,) in order to not overload Emerson with a move on top of starting preschool this fall. It has shifted a lot of plans, but it feels like we're exactly where we want/need to be. We have two business ideas brewing, one I've held onto for years, and another that lightbulbed the other day. We're hoping to establish one, which will be an etsy/craft shop venture soon and form a business plan for the other within the time we're here. Another thing we want to do in this next year is focus on our friendships. I still believe that sometimes where you are doesn't matter much. It's what you're doing and who you're doing it with. That's just the tip of the iceberg though. We have so much on our minds!
Reading: Emerson and I recently started his first chapter book. His choice was "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." Can you say proud Potter nerd mama? It might be advanced for him, but he seems to be doing well thus far and we're both enjoying it. I've dreamt of the time we'd be snuggled up together, reading bits of a book each night. Last night he nearly fell asleep snuggled up against me as I was reading. Heart melt!
Watching: Catfish! Has anyone seen it? I have to watch it for my technology & society class.
Working on: Our etsy venture. We've got a name and a multitude of product ideas flowing. Honestly, it's going to be a kind of difficult field to break into, but I'd like to think between my field knowledge and creativity and Brian's business/marketing skills, we'll do pretty well.
Thinking about: Our weekend plans! I'm so excited that Record Store Day and Earth Day share a weekend this year. We'll definitely be hitting a few of our favorite records store on Saturday. Our local Whole Foods is also hosting a free sustainable seafood cooking class (Um, hello! That is so me, I'll be there!) I'd also like to take the kids to see The Lorax since the message goes right along with Earth Day, plant some herbs as a family, and maybe make a bio bottle. Do you have any Record Store/Earth Day plans?
Anticipating: The fact that in a week I will officially be a college SENIOR. Hallelujah! Tooting my own horn a little bit, but I'm pretty excited to be able to say that I'm 22 (will be when I graduate,) have two kids, and two post-secondary degrees under my belt. It's been exhausting and I am SO ready to be done with my education... for a little while at least.
Listening to: Sucré's album, A Minor Bird. We've listened to it at least once a day since it came out. It's an amazing album from top to bottom. Each of the members have natural talent and passion that really shines through. We were honored to be able to watch them live last Sunday with a handful of friends. We were all in awe. They make it look easy! We were shocked that they pulled a song like "Chemical Reaction" off live, but they did it. With what seemed like ease. If you haven't already, definitely check the album out!
Eating & drinking: Cinnamon raisin bread. It sounded delicious when I bought a loaf last night while grocery shopping. It sounded equally delicious when I was organizing a closet at 11:30 last night. When I woke up, I was ready to dive in and have a slice! As far as drinking, last night I tried coconut water for the first time, mostly to see what all the hype was about. I found it repulsive. It left me nauseous for the rest of the night! To each his own, I guess.
Wishing: Brian didn't have to leave us for work 40 hours a week! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!
Great photos!! I have the same rug thats in the quiet time pic :)
ReplyDelete