I'm all for being festive. Notoriously so. I like to take full advantage of each holiday and each passing season. I will forever celebrate with traditional activities and am always looking for new traditions to create. This year, Autumn intensified my desire to be in the woods. I've been longing for a weekend camping trip or cabin getaway and everything they bring- smoky franks with beans, family sing-a-longs by the campfire, s'mores, spooky stories told by lantern light, and more. With October already being such a busy month for us, we couldn't squeeze in a trip, but we could bring the idea to our own living room. We've marked it the first annual Autumn camp-in! We followed a faux-campfire dinner with a family jam session and s'more dessert. We checked out a handful of spooky (child-friendly) stories from the local library and gathered our own Halloween/Autumn/Spooky book pile from our personal library as well. Our cloud b turtle supplied us with an indoor starry sky and Brian read stories with a flashlight for dramatic effect. After the kids drifted off, Brian and I watched Across the Universe on our balcony, trying to mimic the fresh air we'd had received had we actually went camping. It was the perfect way to elevate our Autumn-spirit.
How fun! Your family is the cutest!! :)
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks! It really was a blast.
Delete