This trip consisted of the hottest temperatures we've ever experienced in Oceanside. The day we arrived was the clearest I've ever seen. The hot sand was packed with fellow beachgoers. The water was bright blue, mirroring the sky. It was a different sort of beach experience and still a blast. Emerson, as usual, stuck to the sand. We managed to make a sandcastle this time! He liked gathering shells, seaweed, and pebbles to decorate it with. Eisley proved that she's getting braver with the water. She ventured in without being in anyone's arms and loved standing at the edge, letting the waves rush over her legs. While there, we made stops at most of our old favorites- breakfast at 101, donuts at SK's, window-shopping at the harbor shops, the spot where we tied the knot. Our trips usually follow the same flow. This trip was planned for my birthday, so we took a special trip to the bakery that made our wedding cake & cupcakes for treats, then followed it with a celebratory dinner at Ruby's on the pier in the evening. Travel, the ocean, my family, good food, my ridiculous husband who gave me a singing taylor swift birthday card... perfect! I couldn't had asked for a better one! On our departure day we decided that playing on the beach was worth a sandy six hour drive back home this time around.
I know I sound like a broken record every time I post about California, but each trip is becoming even more precious to us. Pretty soon our favorite beaches will be a lot farther away and our trips there will be fewer and farther between. Our daytrips and road trips will be to new places and we'll probably make some new favorites. Still, California will always remain my home away from home. In the past, I might had taken these trips for granted. This time, I constantly reminded myself to be present. To let the experience sink in and imprint itself on my memory. I want to remember every bit of each moment and every feeling.
Excuse the fact that I took pictures of pictures, my scanner isn't set up! >>>
No comments:
Post a Comment