Back in March we celebrated Eisley's first year of life with a little party at our home and a trip to a local aquarium. Since she loves her fishy friends, the theme followed suit. I lined our home with balloon bubbles, covered our windows in fish-shaped cut outs, and made sure the cupcake frosting was the perfect shade of sea blue-green. The ombre streamer backdrop was my favorite. I always overexert myself whilst party planning, but keeping it simple panned out perfectly. I've been guilty of forgetting that the birthday kid should be the star of the show in the past, but after four birthday parties, I think I have it down. We shared cupcakes, opened presents, and relaxed with a small group of family and friends. We brought out the bubble machine and listened to beachy tunes. The little lady chased balloons with her tongue out like it was going out of style. She loved each present so much that she didn't want to put the one in her hands down in order to open the next one. Like with Emerson, we saved her very first sugar experience for her birthday cake. Watching my kids examine then proceed to smash their first dessert will remain in my list of favorite memories forever. Eisley isn't particularly fond of being messy and neither of my kids seem to have the sweet tooth that I have, but she warmed up to her cupcake after a couple of minutes.













Did you know I've been blogging so long that I blogged Emerson's first birthday party too? I am so grateful that I get to have my blog as a virtual journal and scrapbook.
Aquarium pictures to come! Also as a side note, the blog recently got a new look and you can now share us with our blog button.
Happy birthday to your beautiful girl. I love the one colour theme party
ReplyDeleteThank you! We all love blue in all shades & tones! :)
DeleteThe whales are so cute!
ReplyDeleteAmanda Rose
http://sewmuchtosay. blogspot.com
Thank you! We're a little sea creature obsessed at our house!
ReplyDeleteJust came across your blog, but had to comment because I think the party you threw for your little lady is so cute. All of the cutouts on the door make for such a sweet aquarium-like backdrop.
ReplyDelete